Friday, December 18, 2009

A New Place, New Friends and New Inspirations

I moved to Atlanta about two weeks ago and so far I love it! I've met a lot of super nice people which has definitely made the move a lot easier.  I moved in with my sister to basically try something new.  I graduated college in August and I decided that I needed a break from the freezing Minnesota winter! I am considering this a little transition period while I am applying to graduate schools while also designing some clothes on my own.  It's great because I set up a little studio space in my room. I can have it as messy as I want, and instead of cleaning it up everyday I can just work on something and clean it up when I'm completely finished.  If I don't want people to see the mess I can just simply close my door.  Its a big difference from the kitchen I was working in back in Minneapolis.  Here's a quick sample of a dress that I started a couple of days ago.  The fabric isn't my favorite, but I thought I would just experiment with fabric I already had.  It's tough being unemployed and having to think about buying fabric; sometimes you have to just "make it work!" -Tim Gunn


No comments:

Post a Comment